Tempeh has kindof a funny flavour, I know.
Personally, I disliked it until I prepared it this way! So good, it shocked me. Now I’ll have tempeh very often, and it’s one of my favourite proteins sources.
I also want to point out the importance of a good quality tempeh, this is so important. A good tempeh does not taste bitter, which used to be the reasons I didn’t like tempeh.
As seasoning, I often use smoked chipotle in adobo. This is a Mexican sauce made of jalapeños, so good you need to try this one. Trust me :).
That said, I appreciate you so much and let’s get right into the recipe!
Smokey tempeh 🔥 with quinoa and spinach salad 🥗
This spinach salad will get you as strong 💪 as popeye 😉. The smokey 🔥 tempeh is deli!
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350 F.
Make the seasoning and dip the tempehGet yourself a big bowl and start adding the ingredients:
Mix it along with the tempeh and make sure every piece of tempeh has sufficient seasoning 😉.Bake the tempeh in the oven for 4O minutes.
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped ginger
- Soy sauce
- Agave syrup (if using)
Cook for 15 minutes
Cook the quinoa for 15 minutes in ratio 1:2 (2 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa).
Add your vegetable broht if using.
Spinach salad 🥗
Make dressing and mix with spinach
- Get a big salad bowl and cut the red onions very fine 🧅(sliced).
- Pour in the lemon 🍋 juice, so the onion can pickle.
- Add your chopped cilantro.
Once you combine the dressing with the spinach you should consume it, otherwise the spinach will start to look bad.
- Now go ahead and rasp the ginger and garlic 🧄 into the salad bowl, along with the pickled onion.
- Let these pickle for at least 10 minutes, after that, you can go ahead and add the spinach and mix it.
- Add some salt 🧂 and stir again.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 502
- Calories from Fat 209
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 23g36%
- Saturated Fat 7.3g37%
- Sodium 414mg18%
- Potassium 1464mg42%
- Total Carbohydrate 43g15%
- Dietary Fiber 6.9g28%
- Sugars 5.4g
- Protein 40g80%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.